- 180 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoons mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 80 grams Cold Butter, cubed
- 35 grams Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 100 grams cheddar cheese or similar, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tmx measuring cup of cold water
Preheat oven to 180 degress. Line two baking trays with paper/mat.
Place cheese into thermoix bowl.
Blitz on speed 7 until fine.
Place flour, herbs, garlic powder and butter into thermomix.
Blitz on speed 7 until a breadcrumb consisteny is formed, approximately 6-8 seconds.
Add cheese and salt to the flour.
Blitz on speed 5 and slowly drizzle in the water through the lid until a dough forms. Approximately 20-25 seconds.
Wrap dough in cling wrap and place into the fridge to chill for about 20-30 minutes. If in a rush you can skip this step.
Roll out dough until its only 3-4mm thick. Prick all over with a fork.Using a pizza cutter cut vertically and horizontally to form squares or rectangles. I do these very roughly. They don't have to be perfect.Place onto baking trays slightly apart.
If you are wanting a super crunchy cracker place the tray into the fridge for 10-15 minutes for the dough to chill. You can skip this step however and still achieve a crunchy cracker.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crisp. Keep an eye on them. Check after 10 minutes. You want them nice and crunchy. Let cool on a wire rack.
I make these regularly now since creating this recipe recently. I make a batch of dough but freeze half for later in the week. Simply thaw for forty five minutes to an hour and then roll, cut and bake. Very simple and a great snack for the lunchboxes or afternoon tea.
They are a nice crispy cracker too. The trick to this is having a cold dough going into the oven I have found. So if you want a super crunchy cracker, place your tray of cut out crackers into the fridge for 10-15 minutes prior to baking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Sausage rolls
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Cauliflower Keto Bites (sweet or savoury)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Yogurt pizza dough
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Basil pesto
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afgans Biscuits
- Smooth Peanut Butter