- 250 g White baker's flour
- 250 g wholemeal spelt baker's flour
- 50 g mixed seeds of choice (e.g. chia, golden linseed)
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 300 g lukewarm/tepid water
- 20 g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp vegemite
- 200 g mixed cheeses of choice, cubed, (e.g. tasty, vintage cheddar, parmesan)
Make dough by placing flours, seeds, yeast, olive oil, salt and water into TM bowl and mix for 6 seconds on speed 6. With dial set to closed position, knead dough for 2 minutes on interval speed .
Place dough in an oiled bowl and allow to prove in a warm place for 15-20 minutes. (You could cover the bowl with a clean, damp tea towel and place in oven set at 40 degrees C).
Meanwhile, place the cheeses into the TM bowl and grate for 8-10 seconds on speed 8.
When dough has risen, pre-heat oven to 220 degrees C. Use a little of the melted butter to grease a rectangular ovenproof dish.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out into a large rectangular shape. Brush with a little of the melted butter and all of the Vegemite. Next, sprinkle almost all of the cheese on the dough taking care to cover all the edges.
Carefully roll into a large sausage shape and use a serrated knife to cut into 10 x 5cm rounds. Turn filling side up and arrange in the baking dish next to each other so there are no gaps.
Brush the scrolls with a little butter, sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown. The Cheesy-mite scrolls are best eaten straight from the oven but can frozen and defrosted later for the school lunchbox!
This is a Thermomix Australia Cheesy-mite Scroll recipe which I have tweaked to make it healthier for your happy little vegemites
This version is low GI and higher in dietary fibre thanks to the addition of wholemeal spelt flour and seeds. It also has less butter and cheese. You could also use reduced-fat cheese to reduce the fat content further. They freeze well, so make a great lunchbox idea! I hope you enjoy them as much as my children and I do!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Vegan Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Curry Laksa Cookies
- Chicken & Hidden Vege Sausage Rolls