THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 g water
- 1 sachet Yeast
- 15 g Rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoon pysllium husks
- 2 Eggs (optional), (If eggs are allowed)
- 30-40 g failsafe oil, Canola, rice bran, etc
- 50 g Medium or short grain white rice
- 120 g Rice flour - white, high starch, (eg Erawan brand - asian food aisle!)
- 170 g Tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 150 g sorghum flour
- 10 g poppy seeds
- 1 pinch rock salt
- 1 tablespoon Extra GF flour for rolling out on
- Leftover mince, meat etc, great way to use leftovers
- 1-2 tablespoon No Tomato Sauce, or other suitable sauce option (Pear Ketchup works well too)
- 100 g Goats cheese, grated, or other preferred cheese - NOT for elimination phase
- THAT cheesy sauce, as a non-dairy, failsafe option
Mill preferred white rice into flour - 1 minute on speed 9.
*** Set Aside***
Add water, rice malt syrup and yeast, to bowl and heat on 37 for 2 minutes at speed 1-2.
***if wanting to be yeast free, omit yeast and sugar source at this step and just allow pysllium to soak for the time instead***
Allow to rest and activate while gathering other ingredients (approximately 5-10 minutes).
Add psyllium and oil, egg/s if being used and mix for 5-10 seconds on speed 2 to combine. Allow to rest for 5 minutes if no yeast has been addeed.
Add dry ingredients and mix on speed 2-3 for 30-40 seconds. Pause and scrape sides down if needed. Mix on "Dough mode" for 1.5-2 mintes to complete combining and ensure all dry ingredients have been included (aren't stuck on the side!)
Divide dough into two or more portions and roll out.
Top with no tomato sauce (for failsafe eaters) or other sauce, add other ingredients and top with your preferred cheese (if allowed) or 'THAT cheesy sauce' for a completely dairy free and Failsafe option.
Nicest when quite thin and as a 'thin and crispy' style. Edges will become quite crispy/brown.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 200C or until brown.
Mill rice into flour (if required)
Activate yeast and adding psyllium
Making the pizza
Accessories you need
I get smoother texture by using the finer, starchy rice flour from the supermarket. Completeyl home-made rice flour works fine but may not be as smooth when kneading/working into bases.
Recipe works fine yeast-free. Simply omit yeast and sugar.
Can be used to make "pizza pockets" by putting filling on one side of rolled out base and folding over, squashing edges together. Bake almost like a pastie. Brush with oil or egg (if allowed) to help browning.
We often divide mix into 100g portions and do mini pizzas. Mix makes about 9 smaller pizzas this way.
Baking powder can be useful to help give a little 'fluff' to the dough. It will be relatively flat and more inclined to be thin-and-crispy than fluffy. Add 1-2 tsp to the dry ingredients prior to mixing if desired.
For a fluffier dough, try less rice flour and more tapioca and/or sorghum.
Can be frozen but wrap extremely well in glad wrap then inside a ziplock bag or other way to double-wrap as it will dry out easily and may not be as good when thawed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls
- Self-Crusting Quiche
- The Thermo Mamma's easy wholemeal pizza dough
- Hidden Veg Sausage Rolls by The Thermo Niche
- Variation Impossible Quiche
- Mini Quiches
- Ham & Veggie Slice
- Sausage Rolls
- Keto Lupin Flour fathead dough
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Almost Kingston's
- Paleo-style 'K-waves' - "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy + gluten free
- "Cheesy" herb seed crackers - dairy and gluten free
- Gluten free nut free no bake muesli bars
- Gluten Free Ginger Slice
- Gluten Free Pastry (Rollable!)
- Fruity Gluten Free Muffins
- Fluffy and Tasty Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Corn, Nut and Soy free bread. Suitable for FAILSAFE Elimination Diet
- Gluten Free Butter Cake Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Nut Free Quick Chocolate Cake
- Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes