- 100g Gruyere cheese cut into 2cm square cubes
- 2tbs fresh herbs - chervil, chives or parsley
- 220g lardons or smoked bacon
- 4 eggs
- 100g olive oil
- 120g Milk
- 1/2ts salt
- 180g flour
- 1tbs baking powder
- 12 whole dried figs, or replace with olives or sundried tomatoes
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Heat oven to 160 degrees.
Place cheese & herbs into the TM bowl chop for 5 secs speed 7 & remove from the bowl.
Put in your bacon, if it hasn't been chopped already you can chop it quickly on speed 5 for 5 secs. Cook for 3 mins on Varoma temp speed 1. Allow to cool.
Then add the rest of the ingredients (except the figs) - oil, milk, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, cheese, herbs. Mix for 5 secs speed 4. you don't want to over mix it.
Pour half the batter into a loaf tin lined with baking paper & scatter the figs evenly through the cake, then pour remaining batter over. Bake for 1 hour or until completed cooked through.
French Savory Cake
You can put anything you like into this recipe - use any sort of cheese likes a goats cheese or if figs aren't your thing any of the savoury options.
Best served warm with thermomix made butter
Idea for this recipe is from Elizabeth Bards book Lunch in Paris - they had it on a French picnic!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Little piggy faces
- Savoury cheese scone
- Maria's Meat Balls
- More Again Savory Paleo Muffin
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Keto Low Carb Yeast Buns/Bread
- Rosemary Cranberry Crackers (Adapted from ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen)
- Haloumi & Corn Fritter bites
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Thermie Green Scrambled Eggs
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Apple crumble cake
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities