- 100g Gruyere cheese cut into 2cm square cubes
- 2tbs fresh herbs - chervil, chives or parsley
- 220g lardons or smoked bacon
- 4 eggs
- 100g olive oil
- 120g Milk
- 1/2ts salt
- 180g flour
- 1tbs baking powder
- 12 whole dried figs, or replace with olives or sundried tomatoes
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Heat oven to 160 degrees.
Place cheese & herbs into the TM bowl chop for 5 secs speed 7 & remove from the bowl.
Put in your bacon, if it hasn't been chopped already you can chop it quickly on speed 5 for 5 secs. Cook for 3 mins on Varoma temp speed 1. Allow to cool.
Then add the rest of the ingredients (except the figs) - oil, milk, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, cheese, herbs. Mix for 5 secs speed 4. you don't want to over mix it.
Pour half the batter into a loaf tin lined with baking paper & scatter the figs evenly through the cake, then pour remaining batter over. Bake for 1 hour or until completed cooked through.
French Savory Cake
You can put anything you like into this recipe - use any sort of cheese likes a goats cheese or if figs aren't your thing any of the savoury options.
Best served warm with thermomix made butter
Idea for this recipe is from Elizabeth Bards book Lunch in Paris - they had it on a French picnic!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Mushroom bolognese
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Thermie Green Scrambled Eggs
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice