- 60 grams Bacon (3 thick slices)
- 60 grams quinoa grains
- 40 grams chia seeds
- 1 Leek (white section)
- 3/4 red capsicum
- Handful Rainbow chard
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 4 sprigs Basil leaves
- 60 grams olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 200g Wholemeal SR Flour
- 50 grams ham
- 100 grams Semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon EDC Veggie stock concentrate
- 250 grams full-cream milk
- 75 grams Feta cheese (cubed or crumbled)
- fruit chutney
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Pre-heat oven for 180 degrees Celsius and grease two 12 tin muffin pans, or use patty pans.
2. Fry bacon whilst performing the next steps. Once fried, chop roughly. Set aside to be added to TM bowl in step 6.
3. Mill Quinoa & Chia for 30 seconds, speed 10 and set aside.
4. Put leek, capsicum, rainbow chard, zucchini, carrot and basil (and any other veggies of your choice) into TM bowl and chop for 5-6 seconds, speed 5.
5. Add oil and saute 100 degrees, 2 mins, speed 1.
6. Add to TM bowl the eggs, reserved quinoa/chia flour, wholemeal SR flour, cooked bacon, ham, semi-dried tomatoes, veggie stock concentrate and milk. Chop/blend for 20 seconds, speed 4. Scrape bowl and chop for a further 5 seconds, speed 4.
7. Add feta to TM bowl and mix , 20 seconds, speed 5. Spoon mixture into the patty pans or directly into the greased muffin trays, and bake in a pre-heated moderate (180 degrees) oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until muffins spring back.
8. Optional step - cut muffins in half and add a spread of fruit chutney in the middle. Yum!
Can serve warm or cold.
Leftover muffins can be frozen individually.
You can add other veggies or omit some, depending on what you have in stock.
Normal tomatoes can be substituted for sun-dried tomatoes.
If you were interested in adding some LSA or some kind of nut to the mix, I'm sure you could just reduce the amount of quinoa/chia or flour, or increase the amount of milk.
If you feel the muffins don't rise sufficiently, you could try adding a teaspoon of baking powder, but I have been happy with mine.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Dairy free creamy broccoli soup
- Ooba Carrot Cake
- Bolognese Sauce
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Quick Vegetable Soup
- Creamy chicken and mushroom soup
- Ham and Cheese Soup