- 200 g pumpkin, 2cm cubed
- 1000 g water
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g Butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 350 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp Milk, to glaze
Prepare pumpkin and place into Varoma dish.
Place water into the TM jug, set Varoma into position and steam 20 minutes / Varoma temperature / speed 1
Check that pumpkin is cooked and set Varoma aside.
Discard water, rinse and dry TM jug
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius
Mill sugar for 10 seconds / speed 7
Add butter and mix for 8 seconds / speed 7
Add the rest of the ingredients including the pumpkin and bring together 5 seconds / speed 5
Set to closed lid position and knead for 25 seconds / Interval speed
Tip the dough onto your Thermomat, flour your hands and press the dough into a 3cm thick round. The dough should be a firm but moist mixture.
Cut out 12 scones and place them onto a baking paper lined tray, just touching each other and bursh with a little milk.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes at or until golden brown and bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Supersize Hamburger
- Jamie Olivers Yorkshire Puddings
- Tracca zucchini classic
- Pizza base
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Quick Puff Pastry
- Rosemary sausage rolls
- LCHF brocolli bake
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Indian Tandoori puffs
- Savoury breakfast muffins
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 13 mins (non shredding!!)
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls