- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g Butter, frozen in pieces
- 75 g water, ice cold
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 100 g bacon, roughly chopped or in rashers
- 100 g spinach
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 75 g Milk
- 1 pinch Nutmeg, ground
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200C.
Place all pastry ingredients in TM bowl and mix 15 sec / speed 6. Empty bowl contents onto floured surface or pastry mat and roll out into rectangle. If the pastry comes out crumbly, bring together into a ball with hands. Work as fast as possible as obnce pastry warms up it will stick more.
Fold rectangle into 3 and turn 1/4 turn. Roll out again and repeat folding and turning 3 times or more. If pastry is too warm, refrigerate for 10-15 minutes after each folding.
Place pastry in quiche/flan dish or tin (lined wih baking paper if you wish) and blind bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Prepare filling.
Use seasonal ingredients for the filling and be creative. I make a silverbeet or broccoli and ham version as well as a sundried tomato and feta (instead of cheddar) version. It is great served hot with a green salad or cold for lunchboxes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Chicken, Cheese & Vegetable Sausage Rolls
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Nut Butter Mousse