- 150 grams bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 celery stalk, chopped into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 grams olive oil
- 20 grams Butter
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, toasted
- 500 grams Pork, minced
- 40 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, (1 x for brushing)
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 2-3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- sesame seeds, optional
- tomato sauce, to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Add bacon to TM bowl and chop 3-5 secs/Speed 5. Remove from TM bowl and set aside.
Add onion, celery and garlic to TM bowl and chop 3-5 secs/Speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula.
Add oil and butter to TM bowl and saute for 2 min/Varoma/Speed 1.
Return bacon to TM bowl and saute for 2 min/Varoma/Speed 1.
Set aside to cool.
Add breadcrumbs, minced pork, fennel seeds, salt, pepper and 1 egg to TM Bowl. Mix 20 secs/Speed 5.
Return onion/celery/garlic mixture to the TM bowl. Mix20 secs/Speed 5.
Cut puff pastry in half (horizontally). Lay out a rectangle of pastry, long edge closest to you.
Beat the remaining egg.
Shape 1/6-1/4 of the filling into a long log shape in the middle of the pastry. Roll up, sealing the edge of pastry with egg.
(If time allows, refridgerate for 1 hour.) Cut into 4 equal lengths.
Brush tops with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Repeat with the remaining pastry and mince.
Place seam-side down on lined oven trays.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
Cool slightly on wire racks before serving with tomato sauce.
Sausage Roll Filling
Accessories you need
To freeze: Assemble, cut, then freeze unbaked. Place in an airtight container in single layers with baking paper between each layer. brush with egg just before baking. Bake from frozen for 40 mins.
Adapted for Thermomix from RecipeTin Eats.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Seafood Pie
- Pumpkin & herb doggy treats
- My Everyday White Bread
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Picnic eggs
- Beetroot & Chocolate cake (GF & refined sugar free)
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls
- Self-Crusting Quiche
- The Thermo Mamma's easy wholemeal pizza dough
- Hidden Veg Sausage Rolls by The Thermo Niche
- Variation Impossible Quiche
- Bec's (Carmen's) Oat Slice Choc Brownie
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- Coconut Apricot Slice
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake
- Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Banana Honey & Cinnamon Muffins