- 180 g Milk
- 120 g water
- 60 g Butter
- 600 g bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 sachet Yeast
- flour, extra flour for dusting
Heat the milk and water together 37degrees for 2 mins or until it reaches 37degrees.
Add butter and heat for 2 mins 37 degrees until butter has melted
In a mixing bowl mix flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
Make a well in the flour mixure and pour in the milk mixture. Stir in a little of the flour from the sides until the milk mixutre is a of a thick batter consistency. Cover with a cloth or thermomat and place in a warm spot
When the yeast mixure has doubled and bubbles have formed, mix in remaining flour. Tip dough into Thermomix and mix for 5 seconds speed 5. Then knead"Dough mode" for 5minutes.
Place in a greased bowl or thermoserver, turnring dough over so the top is greased and place greased plastic wrap or thermomat on top. Leave in a warm spot for 2 hours or until it has doubled.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Knock down dough and and lighly knead on floured bread mat or board, divide into 12 pieces and shape each into a ball and place on greased baking tray. Let them rise in a warm place nice and close to each other.
Brush the baps once they have risen with a little milk and sprinkly lightly with flour. Bake for 15-20mins or until very golden.
Accessories you need
Scottish Baps are very popular for breakfast with bacon on sausage in and they are very soft and floury.
This recipe is based on a Margaret Fulton recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Broccoli Broth - HCG compliant
- Lamb, cinnamon & date filo pies with honey pistachio dressing
- Raw Strawberry Fudge - by Jules Galloway
- Choc Chia Kefir Pudding
- Mango Smoothie with Tumeric, Ginger and Kefir
- Matt Moran's Poached Chicken in Master Stock
- Strawberry, Cashew and Coconut Cream Tart with Walnut Pastry
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- South Pacific Raita
- Gluten Free Wonton Wrappers
- Popcorn Chicken
- Egg Free Mini Quiches
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases