- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams Butter, room temperature, diced
- 60 grams ice cold water
- 1/2 grey pumpkin, peeled & deseeded
- 2 stalks rosemary
- 4 eggs
- 70 grams pure cream
- 150 grams Smoked Trout
- 100 grams firm feta, cubed
- 1 some Butter, a knob
1h 45minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Chop the pumpkin into small cubes.
- Line a roasting tray with baking paper and spread the pumpkin around so they aren’t touching.
- Drizzle with a decent lug of olive oil and season them with salt, pepper and rosemary sprigs.
- Mix them round till they are well coated with oil.
- Roast in the oven for about 25 mins. No need to cook them to mushy – they will continue cooking later.
- While the pumpkin bakes, sift the flour and salt into the TMX bowl.
- Combine 5 secs/speed 4, till it resembles fine breadcrumbs
- With the motor running on speed 5, slowly add the water through the lid (no more than a few seconds).
- Knead 30 secs/ /
- Press the dough into the pastry tin coming slightly up over the scalloped edges
- Prick the base with a a fork
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Line the chilled pastry case with baking paper, fill with ceramic baking beans or uncooked rice.
- Blind bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans, then bake for a further 5–8 minutes until golden.
- Trim the excess pastry with a sharp knife
- To the TMX bowl, add the eggs, cream, cream cheese, salt and pepper on 10 secs/speed 6.
- To the frypan, add a knob of butter and heat till just nutty brown then quickly toss in the sage
- Remove from the heat as soon as the sage has crinkled up
- Into the pastry case, spread the pumpkin, sage (keep a couple of pretty ones aside), feta and flake in the trout using your fingers
- Pour the egg mixture over the top
- Carefully place the pretty sage leaves that you kept aside in the centre
- Bake15-20 minutes till golden
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.