THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 60 g almonds
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g dried or glaced cherries
- 80 g dried apricots
- 125 g Milk
- 125 g water
- 60 g Butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp instant dried yeast
- 550 g bakers flour
- 50 g sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp cinnamon
- .5 tsp Cardamon
- 1 --- large egg
- 15 g sugar
- 50 g flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 50 g cool water
- 10 g olive oil
- 3 tsp apricot jam
- 3 tsp Boiling water
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon
2h 15minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add almonds to bowl and turbo once for 1 second. Set Aside
- Add lemon zezt to bowl and grate 15 seconds speed 7. scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat 15 seconds speed 7. set aside with almonds.
- Add cranberries, cherries and apricots to bowl and chop 5 seconds speed 5. set aside with almonds and zest. clean mixing bowl
- Add milk, water and butter to bowl. warm 2 mins, 37 temp, speed 1.
- Add sugar and yeast. mix 20 seconds, speed 1.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, cardamon and egg. combine 10 seconds, speed 6. Knead for 4 minutes on dough mode
Empty dough onto thermomat or floured surface, flatten out and add fruit and nut mixture and kneed into dough. Roll into ball and wrap in mat of place in greased bowl and cover loosley with teatowel.
Leave to prove in warm area until doubled in size, approximately 60 minutes.
- Knock dough down. Roll out into log and use spatula to cut in half, then each half in half again and so on until you have 16 equal peices. Dust hands with flour and lightly roll each piece into balls. Set onto thermomat or baking paper and cover with teatowel and allow to doublle in size again, aprroximately 30 minutes.
- Whilst buns are proving, preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Once buns have risen, place onto baking paper on an oven tray, approximately 3cm apart. Gently make a slight cross shaped indent on the top of each bun using the back of a butter knife, making sure not to cute the surface of the dough.
- Clean and dry mixing bowl. Add sugar and mill 10 seconds speed 10.
Add flour, lemon juice, water and olive oil.
mix 15 seconds speed 6. scrape down sides of bowl. repeat 15 seconds speed 6.
- Empty mixture into a piping bag or i like to use a sandwhich zip lock bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Make a cross shape on each bun.
- Place buns into oven, bake for 15 minutes.
- Whilst buns are baking. Combine apricot jam, boiling water and cardamon in a small bowl until you have a thin wash.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush a small amount of mixture onto the top of each bun whilst they are still hot.
- Transfer buns to cooling rack.
Serve warm with butter, if you like!
Enjoy and happy easter!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Curried Buns
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER
- Not So Fried Rice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Dalgona Decaf Coffee Whip Low Sugar
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's