- 500 g whole almonds (skin on)
- 400 g icing sugar
- 5-6 --- egg whites
- 1 tbsp almond essence
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put on oven 180 degrees
Prepare almonds into almond meal
250g/8 Secs/Speed 7
Put almond meal into bowl at the side
Prepare icing sugar if using raw sugar
200g/15 Secs/Speed 10
If you have icing sugar, weigh 400g into TM bowl
Weigh in 500g almond meal into TM bowl with icing sugar. Mix 10 Secs/ Speed 3
Put aside into big bowl
Wash TM bowl
Time to whip up egg whites in clean TM bowl
Insert butterfly whisk
4 Min/Speed 3.5
(Ensure bowl is VERY dry and clean)
- In bowl with almond meal, add in almond essence and vanilla paste paste
Add the egg whites into bowl with almond meal little by little.
Only add some egg whites and mix with hands until your mixture is wet.
(You may not need all the egg whites). Mix mixture until you can roll into small balls (size of 1 tbsp) and they are slightly sticky.
Roll balls in almond flakes and press slightly with thumb onto baking paper onto a baking tray
(You can vary the size of the biscuits to larger if you prefer. I like size of 1 tbsp)
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins or until slightly brown on edges
- Allow to cool on baking tray BEFORE transfering to cooling rack to allow them to crips up. Enjoy with a tea or coffee!
Amigdalota (Greek Almond Biscuits)
When they bake they will 'crack - this is normal for these biscuits
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies