- 125 g Butter, softened
- 125 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 40 g coconut desiccated
- 240 g plain flour
- 60 g Butter, softened
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tsp Milk
- 1 raspberry jam
- In TM Bowl add sugar and mill 10 seconds speed 9
- Scrape down bowl and Add butter, lemon rind, vanilla and golden syrup and mix 1 minute speed 4
- add egg and mix 30 secs speed 3
- add flour and coconut and mix 10 secs, reverse speed 4 (mixture will be very soft)
- place and roll up mixture in a log type shape in baking paper and place in fridge for 20-30mins or until firm and preheat oven to 170 degrees in readines for baking.
- Remove log from fridge and slice into rounds approx 8mm in thickness. Place on ovenmat or baking paper and bake for approx 10-14 mins until golden
- Leave to cool on tray for a few mins then transfer to a rack until completely cool
- For cream filling - place sugar in TM bowl and mill for 40 seconds speed 10 (to make icing sugar)
- Scrape down sides of bowl and place butter in milk in, then mix 10 seconds speed 4. Add butterfly and then mix another 30 seconds speed 4 or until light and fluffy.
- Spread one biscuit with jam and another biscuit with cream filling and stick together.
This recipe is converted from the actual recipe released by Arnotts during Covid-19 isoilation. Here is the link to their press release - [size= 11.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-AU; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA]https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/food/coronavirus-baking-arnotts-releases-monte-carlo-recipe-to-help-australia-through-isolation-c-996955[/size]
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Supercharged Cookies
- Gingerbread Shortbread
- Cacao and coconut bliss balls
- Rhubarb and Apple crumble
- Cheesy Knefeh
- Fluffy Hakkaido Snow Bun
- Nanny B's Potato Cake
- Passionfruit Melting Moments
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- 5 Ingredient No-bake Rum Balls
- Banana Bread Cafe Style - imperial
- cranberry creamcheese bread roll
- Vanilla Slice
- Choccy Rocks - Janine - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Chocolate Crackles (copha free) - Thermie and Friends
- Janine's Kiss Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Lemon Cheescake
- Evelyns Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- Nua Phad Prik Thai Onn - Pepper Beef Stirfry
- Tom Kha Gai
- Amelia's Macadate Biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Jaffa Hot Chocolate
- Apricot Jam