- 300 g plain flour
- 180 g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 120 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 65 g Yogurt
- dash vanilla extract
- 375 g Ripe pears, Peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter, Melted
- Cinnamon sugar, to taste, For sprinkling
1h 10minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
Greae and line a 23cm round cake tin, or springform.
Blend flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, nutmeg and salt 10secs/sp4
Add butter 20secs/sp4.5, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add eggs, yogurt, pears and vanilla,
Spread into the prepared pan and bake 50-60mins, or until cooked when tested.
Leave in the pan and brush with the butter, before sprinkling with the cinnamon sugar.
Remove to a rack to cool, or serve warm with icecream, cream or custard.
Accessories you need
Put on a brew... pour yourself a steaming cuppa. And cut a generous slab of this cake.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy 😉
“Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners"
Your go to source for great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Quick mix butter cake
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Rock cakes
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Onion fritters
- 4 ingredient vanilla pear cake
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Cheesey Mexican Salsa Dip
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Keto fluffy sweet waffles
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix