- 250 grams Unsalted Softened Butter.
- 200 grams Castor Sugar pre-milled.
- 4 Eggs.
- 250 grams Full Cream Milk.
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 450 grams Self Raising Flour.
- 110 grams Cornflour.
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder.
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Brunch Snack Alcohol-free Children food Vegetarian Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Halloween Mother's Day Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking Birthday Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Easy Low budget Quick Cake Australian Dessert Side dish
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Line 25cm by 35cm large baking tin with Baking Paper.
3. Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 seconds/speed 7.
4. Add Butterfly and softened butter and mix 20 seconds/speed 4 scrape down the side of the bowl and repeat this 3 times (I know but it will give you a lighter cake).
5. Then mix 1 minute/speed 4 adding an egg every 15 seconds.
6. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix 20 seconds/speed 4.
7. Remove butterfly and add all other ingredients mix 10 seconds/speed 6 scrape down the bowl and mix again for 20 seconds/speed 6.
8. Pour into prepared tray and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
9. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
10. You can then use this slab of cake to make into Lamingtons, sculpt for party cakes, or just ice with a butter icing and eat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.