- 250 grams unsalted butter, Room temp
- 500 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional food colouring
250g unsalted butter, diced, soft
500g icing sugar
1 tspn real vanilla extract
Small drop of food colour paste, optional
1. Place all ingredients into TM bowl (have bowl at room temperature, not hot from dishwasher, etc.) and blend 40 seconds, speed 4.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl.
3. Insert butterfly and whisk 1 minute, speed 3 until light, creamy and smooth.
4. Spread or pipe onto cake or cupcakes.
For chocolate buttercream, replace 50g of the icing sugar with 50g good quality cocoa powder.
For alternative flavours, use different extracts such as almond, rose or peppermint, fruit purees, juice and/or zest from lemons, limes or oranges.
This is a quick recipe that makes a generous amount and pipes really well.
**** This is not my recipe! ****
I had trouble findng one I loved.
I did a search and found this on a forum...
Credit to Caroline Snooks.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Paleo, egg free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- Banana Nut Bread
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- Apricot Slice
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Butter cake with a hint of coconut and green tea
- Cornflake crunchies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
- The Daily Mix - Nut Free Bliss Balls
- Nutella Lava Doughnut Cake