- 120 g plain flour
- 90 g rolled oats
- 200 g white sugar
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed, ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 70% cocoa
- 1 tbsp seeds, hemp
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp cocoa nib
- 2 tbsp Rice malt syrup, or you could use corn syryp or glucose syrup
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 125 g unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Add ingredients from Flour to Bicarb soda into the thermo bowl.
3. Pulse three times with MC on.
4. add coconut and cocoa nibs to the bowl.
5. in a separate jug, add last three ingredients and microwave until the butter is nearly totally melted.
6. While mixture is blending on reverse Sp 2, MC off, add the butter mixture and mix until all the dry ingredients are combined with the wet. You may have to stop to scrape down the bowl once or twice.
7. Make balls the size of walnuts and place on 2 x biscuit trays (i use disposable baking paper on my trays). Spread them out as the biscuits do flatten on their own.
8. Place in the preheated oven and set the timer for 5 minutes.
9. After 5 minutes, turn the temp down to 160°C for another 5 minutes.
10. Finish the biscuits off for 20 minutes on 80°C to ensure they are dried out and stay fresh for a few extra days in your biscuit tin.
11. Set biscuits on a cooling rack to harden before putting them in a tin.
You may leave out hemp seeds and the flax. Just reduce the amount of water that you add. You do not want the mixture too dry or too sticky.
I did not try honey, golden syrup, agave syrup or maple syrup. But any of these ingredients could replace the rice malt syrup if you don't have it.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies