- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour or spelt grain (mill your own from spelt grain, 1 min/sp9)
- 1 cup almond meal or almonds (mill your own from whole almonds, 15 sec/sp6)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 6 over ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- 250g rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup light olive oil or macadamia oil
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- oats and shredded coconut for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 190C. Grease/line your chosen muffins tins. This will make 12-16 large muffins or you could make mini loaves, mini muffins or a combination.
If using spelt grain and whole almonds, mill these to make flour. Place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients, sifting the coconut flour and then stirring to mix well (or you could combine all of the dry ingredients in the Thermomix bowl and mix for 6 sec/sp 6 and then transfer to a bowl).
Place eggs, peeled bananas and rice malt syrup in bowl. Turn speed to 6, then after 10 seconds drizzle the oil through the MC hole in the lid. Mix for 1min in total.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and using a spoon very gently fold through until just mixed and slightly lumpy.
Spoon batter into prepared cases and sprinkle with oats and shredded coconut.
Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through and golden on top (time will vary depending on size of muffins).
These freeze really well and make plenty to stock up. To make nut free use 1 cup white spelt/other flour in place of almond meal.
Adapted from Cook Republic
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Delicious Healthy Banana Muffins
- Vegan Brownies, in a flash