Banana and fig bread
- 100 g dried figs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) boiling water
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) honey
- 80 g light margarine
- cooking spray
- 400 g (4 large) very ripe bananas
- 2 (50g each) eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 g (2 cups) Self raising flour, can use gluten free other DF flours such as Lupin and substitue SR agent with bicarb soda and baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1h 35minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking 1h 20min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl![X]
1. Addfigs and chop for 6 secon Sp 4
2. place in small bowl and add bicard soda and boiling water, set aside
3. Place honey,and margarine in TM and cook at Sp 2 for 3mins at 60°C
4. Add bananas, eggs and vanilla and stir on Sp 4 for 6 Sec
5. Scrape down sides
6. Add flour and cinnamon mixing on Sp 4 for 1 min
7. Pour into prepared tin,sprinkle sunflower seeds and bake at 170°C for about an hour dependant on oven.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Double Chocolate Brownies - (from taste.com.au)
- Hot (Cross) Buns Grain, Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar FREE
- Nutella Cookies
- Diabetic Friendly Date and Chocolate Brownies
- Lime, coconut and macadamia cake with a lime glaze.
- Rainbow Slice
- Mixed berry Shortcake
- Irish soda bread muffins
- Peanut Butter Slice No Bake
- DATE & APRICOT SLICE
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Lemon,Coconut, Almond Slice GF