- 1 lemon, rind
- 1 orange, rind
- 250 g brown sugar
- 125 g Butter
- 125 g lard, or butter if unavailable. But using lard gives an even better crunch
- 250 g golden syrup
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- dash vanilla essence
- 400 g SR flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Blitz the rinds 10secs/sp9. Scrape.
Add lard, butter, sugar, golden syrup and spices, 7mins/100°C/sp3.
Add the vanilla, SR flour and baking powder.
Transfer to a bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to cool to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
Grease/line several baking trays.
Using a tesapoon, roll into balls and place on the trays. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Leave them in the oven to cool if you want them rock hard..
Accessories you need
Some great news for those with allergies..
These are egg free, and lactose free.
But still delicious.. )p
"Thermify me".. your source for great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Quick mix butter cake
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Rock cakes
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Onion fritters
- 4 ingredient vanilla pear cake
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Cheesey Mexican Salsa Dip
- Almond Cookies
- Sweet Yeast Bread Rings
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble