- 1 lemon, rind
- 1 orange, rind
- 250 g brown sugar
- 125 g Butter
- 125 g lard, or butter if unavailable. But using lard gives an even better crunch
- 250 g golden syrup
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- dash vanilla essence
- 400 g SR flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Blitz the rinds 10secs/sp9. Scrape.
Add lard, butter, sugar, golden syrup and spices, 7mins/100°C/sp3.
Add the vanilla, SR flour and baking powder.
Transfer to a bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to cool to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
Grease/line several baking trays.
Using a tesapoon, roll into balls and place on the trays. Flatten slightly.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Leave them in the oven to cool if you want them rock hard..
Some great news for those with allergies..
These are egg free, and lactose free.
But still delicious.. )p
"Thermify me".. your source for great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- Apple slice with Passionfruit Icing
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- 5 basic ingredients easy chicken pot pies
- Cherry ripe ice-cream slice
- Devilled ham spread
- Creamy onion dip
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Heidi's German Spritz Cookies
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- Chocolate sour cream cake
- Japanese milk bread
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- Thai Chicken Burgers