- 3 ripe bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 apple, washed and quartered (no need to peel or core)
- 250 grams plain low fat yoghurt
- 80-100 grams nuts unchopped, eg brazil/hazelnuts/macadamia/almonds
- 2 eggs
- 190 grams Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 55 grams skim milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 85 grams rolled oats
- 1/2 cup a mix of cranberries/raisons/seeds, I use pepitas/sunflower/chia seeds etc
- 45 grams oat bran
Recipe is created for
Line 20cm (8 inch) loaf baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Chop nuts roughly (4-5 seconds, speed 4) - SET ASIDE (no need to wash bowl)
Add apple and banana. Combine 6 seconds, speed 7 until mashed. Scrape down side of bowl.
Add eggs, yoghurt and set aside nuts. Combine15 seconds, speed 4 (Use spatula to assist in combining). Scrape down side of bowl.
Add wholemeal self raising flour, skim milk powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, oats, mix of cranberries/raisons/seeds, oat bran. Combine 10 seconds, speed 4. Use spatula to assist. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat until just combined.
Pour mixture into prepared baking tray. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the bread is cooked through. Insert a skewer to test - if cooked, the skewer will come out clean.
Allow the bread to cool in the baking tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Slice and serve fresh or toasted.
*FREEZES WELL PRE SLICED*
This recipe was converted from a great cookbook called "Feeding the Bump" by Lisa NEAL. It is a really yummy and nutritious loaf that is delicious toasted. I have it when I want a healthy tasty treat! Its best with butter (you are allowed cause there is no other bad stuff in it!)
There are some "different" ingredients in it but its worth doing the shop as the end is worthwile - this way you will have the ingredients for next time.
I add lots of different things depending on what I have in the cupboard - all sorts of nuts and seeds and chopped fruit can be added.
I chop up slices and freeze. Pull a slice out when required and toast in the sandwich grill - DELICIOUS!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- White Chocolate and Raspberry slice
- Banana & Caramilk Muffins
- Oaty ginger crunch
- Cinnamon slice
- Jersey Caramel Slice
- Rhubarb Cake