- 130 g Raw buckwheat groats
- 50 g Desiccated Coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
- 50 g rolled oats
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 60 g coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 175 g medjool dates, seeds removed (about 12)
- 270 g Can light coconut cream
- 40 g cornflour
- 100 g icing sugar, (or milled raw sugar)
- 100 g Butter, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm brownie tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place buckwheat groats, desiccated coconut, rolled oats and sea salt in mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9, or until fine. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
3. Add coconut oil, vanilla and dates and blend 30 sec/speed 9 or until combined.
4. Firmly press mixture into prepared tray with the back of a fork and place in the refrigerator. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
5. For the icing, place coconut cream and cornflour in mixing bowl and heat 2 min 30 sec/95C/speed 4 or until thickened.
6. Add icing sugar, butter, lemon juice and zest and mix 1 min/speed 4 until combined.
7. Remove tray from refrigerator and spoon over icing. Sprinkle with extra desiccated coconut and return to refrigerator for 1 hour, or until set.
8. Remove slice from tray and cut into 16 pieces. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Note: buckwheat 'groats' is the term given to the 'grains'of buckwheat. You can buy them as 'buckwheat'from your health food shop or some supermarkets.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup