- 120 g sultanas
- 120 g raisins
- 175 g Butter
- 135 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, Juiced
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Boil kettle. Place a bowl on top of the lid, and weigh the sultanas and raisins into the bowl. Remove bowl from lid. Cover raisins and sultanas with boiling water. Set aside.
3. Add butter, sugar and vanilla to mixing bowl. Mix 20 seconds, speed 6.
4. Add eggs to mixing bowl. Mix 10 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down sides. Repeat.
5. Add flour and baking powder to mixing bowl. Mix 10 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down sides. Repeat.
6. Drain water from sulatanas and raisins (use simmering basket). Add drained sultanas and raisins and lemon juice to mixing bowl. Mix 5 seconds, speed 4.
7. Place mixture in loaf tin and bake for 1 hour. Check cake is cooked through with a skewer. Remove from tin and place on cake rack to cool.
8. Serve in slices, with butter if you fancy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken
- Sweet Chilli Chicken
- Tom Kha Gai - a Thai chicken and coconut milk soup (Paleo)
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Coffee Ice Cream (or any other flavour you can dream of!)
- Cornbread - moist and sweet
- Watermelon and Lime Margarita
- Spicy Corn Fritters (recipe converted from "Chin Chin - The Book. Recipes by Benjamin Cooper"
- Susan's Double Choc Mint Hot Chocolate Mix