- 150 g sugar, (coconut or raw)
- 120 g Butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g flour, (plain, wholemeal, spelt)
- 35 g cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line several baking trays with baking paper
2. Place the sugar in the bowl and mill for 2 sec / speed 9
3. Add butter to the sugar and mix for 20 sec / speed 5 until creamed, scrape down the sides of the bowl
4. Add egg and vanilla to the bowl and mix for 7 sec / speed 5 to incorporate, scrape down the sides of the bowl
5. Add flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda and mix for 10 sec / speed 5
6. With dampened hands, roll tablespoons of dough into smooth balls and place on baking trays spaced well apart as they with spread and flatten
7. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely before serving.
For a variation we sometimes roll them in icing sugar to make crackle biscuits at Christmas
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Vegetarian Zucchini Slice
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Savoury Halloumi Muffins
- Meat Dumplings
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Cheese & Bacon scrolls