- 200 g ms Mashed Potato (salted and cooled )
- 300 g ms raw sugar
- 200 g ms milk
- 70 g ms Lemon juice (nan used lemon essence 1/4 tsp)
- 85 g ms currants
- 500 g ms SR Flour
- butter to chop and dob on the top
- extra raw sugar for sprinkling over cake
Recipe is created for
Pre Heat oven to 180 degrees
Mill sugar for 5 secs on speed 8
add mashed potato and mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds
Add Flour, lemon juice, currants and milk
mix on speed 4 for 20 secs or until well combnined (using the spatula if needed )
mixture should be pretty heavy and thick almost like a bread dough.
pour into large shallow pan (i used a baking dish) lined with baking paper and greased well
then cup pieces of butter and dob over the whole cake sprinkle with PLENTY of raw sugar.
and place in oven for approx 35 mins or until golden brown
My mum used to make this cake when i was growing up and it was her mums recipe. i loved coming home from school to find a big slab of potato cake on the bench. i would pinch bits of the crunchy sugar top off whild she wasnt looking. YUUUMMM It really is delicious
This recipe fed a family of 8 (yes 6 kids) so you might want to halve the recipe. i promise it will get eaten though.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BEST EVER RICH CHRISTMAS CAKE
- DRIED APRICOT SLICE
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Kiwi Biscuits
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)