- 80 g Sago
- 400 g coconut cream
- 100 g Blanched Almond Flour, finely sieved
- 200 g medjool dates, pitted, (see Tips)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil/suet
- 1 cup, Mixed Dried Fruit, (see Tips)
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1.5 cups, sweet potato, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1.5 cups, carrot, peeled, and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
This pudding is best if made a minimum of 24 hours before required.
- Half fill large saucepan (check pudding basin will fit) with water, place on stove top and bring to slow boil.
- Grease well a large pudding basin.
- Prepare Almond Meal (See Tips). Set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Add Sweet Potato and Carrot to TM bowl and chop 5 - 7 seconds/Speed 5 until finely chopped. Set aside in same bowl with almond meal.
- Add dates to TM bowl and chop 5 seconds/speed 5 until a paste forms. Set aside with almond meal and finely chopped vegetables. Clean and dry TM Bowl.
- Add Coconut Cream and Sago to TM bowl and cook 12 minutes/100C/ / Speed 1 until sago is translucent. Coconut milk will separate.
- While sago is cooking, add all remaining ingredients to large mixing bowl and stir well.
- When sago is finished cooking, add bicarbonate of soda to sago in TM bowl and stir 5 seconds//speed 1. Add sago to mixing bowl with other ingredients. Stir well.
- Pour into pudding basin, cover with baking paper and lid.
- Place on trivet/or upside down saucer in saucepan (water should come a minimum of half way up pudding basin) and steam for 4 hours until a skewer comes out clean.
- Pudding will be quite moist initially but should firm up within 24 hours.
This recipe is gluten free, grain free, dairy free and sugar free.
- To make Almond Flour:
- Place almonds into TM mixing bowl and grind for 3 seconds/speed 10. Sieve.
- Return larger pieces to TM bowl and mill again for 2 - 3 seconds/speed 10. Sieve.
- Continue this process until you have the required amount of sieved finely ground blanched almond flour.
- For a lower GI option:
- Substitute 100g of dates with 100g of banana.
- Substitute 1 cup of dried mixed fruit with 1 cup of finely chopped dried apple, pear, blueberries and apricots.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar