THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 320 grams plain flour
- 15 grams baking powder
- 5 grams fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 120 grams unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cups buttermilk, (or milk)
- 420 grams Pink lady apples, (about 3 medium apples), quarted and core removed
- 240 grams unsalted butter, (cold and cut in to cubes)
- 3/4 Cup of icing sugar, (or raw ground raw sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
Recipe is created for
1. Heat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced) and line 2 (12-well) muffin pans with muffin cases
2. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger to TM bowl SP4 20secs, set aside (do not clean bowl)
3. Add apples to TM bowl and grate SP5 8-10 secs, set aside (do not clean bowl)
4. Add butter to TM bowl SP3.5 20 sec, scrape down and repeat
5. Insert butterfly, add sugar, vanilla SP3.5 20sec, scrape down sides. Continue beating SP3 3 mins, scrape down sides
6. SP3 1 min, adding eggs one at a time through TM lid. Scrape down sides
7. SP1 1 min, adding in buttermilk. (The batter will look curdled but it is ok.
8. Add the reserved flour SP2 20secs, scrape down sides if necessary.
9 . Add the grated apple and any juice SP2 30 secs
10. Fill the muffin cases 3/4 full.
11. Put in pre-heated oven for 20-25mins (turning trays at the 10 min mark). Cupcakes are cooked when skewer comes out clean
12. Remove cupcakes and allow to completely cool prior to icing.
1. Add butter, sugar, vanilla and salt to TM bowl SP4 1 min
2. Add butterfly, while beating on SP 3.5 add in maple syrup through hole in lid (over about 1-2 mins), continue beating to 5 mins.
3. Place in fridge for 10 mins
4. Use immediately to frost cupcakes
Maple Buttercream Frosting
This recipe was inspired by CHOW recipes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)