- 2 Eggs, Large, separated
- 80 g castor sugar premilled
- 50 g GF Cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Cocao Powder or dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 egg whites
- 200 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 200 g good quality white chocolate, roughly broken up
- 150 g fresh or frozen raspberries, or fresh cherries[pitted] or strawberries
[Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a 22x20cm heart shaped tin with baking paper.
1.Whip egg whites in very clean and dry for 3.30mins/speed3.5 with butterfly in place, or until stiff, and then add premilled castor sugar slowly through lid.
2.Add egg yolks,cream of tartar,bicarb soda,cocao and cornflour through lid with TM running on speed 2. DO NOT overblend,only blend until just combined.
3.Pour batter into prepared tin. Drop the tin from about 15cm onto the benchtop to remove any air pockets.
4.Bake in preheated oven for about 25 mins.
5.The sponge will shrink a little from the sides of the tin when cooked.Remove the cake from tin and cool.Split the cake in half when cool.
6.Prepare the heart tin by lining it with cling wrap,and leave plenty of overhang.
1. Whip egg whites in very clean and dry TM bowl 3.30min/ speed 3.5 with butterfly attached or until stiff. Set aside in a large bowl.Don't wash TM bowl.
2.With butterfly attached whip cream on speed3.5 ,watch carefully and do not over beat. Just needs to have some form.Set aside in bowl with whipped egg whites. Wash and dry bowl well.
3 Chop chocolate inon speed 5. Melt chocolate in 2min/37deg/speed 2 or until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
4.Add chocolate to egg whites, cream and raspberries,cherries or strawberries.[reserve a few for decoration}and combine carefully.
5.Cover bowl and allow to cool and set in refrigerator for a while.
6. While mousse is cooling,place one half of the split sponge,best surface face down in cling wrap linned tin. Carefully spoon cooled mousse onto cake layer.smooth surface carefully, Place 2nd half cake on top of mousse filling. Use the cling wrap overlap to fold back firmly over the top of the cake,pulling it back into tight shape.
7. Place in refrigerater overnight to set.
8. Turn out onto serving plate and smooth mousse edges and decorate top of cake with heart stencil and dust with icing sugar or sprinkle with grated white chocolate and garnish with reserved raspberries , cherries or strawberries.[use his or her favourite of course]
White Chocolate Mousse
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake