- 500 grams golden syrup
- 250 grams water
- 180 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams plain spelt flour
- 150 grams rye flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground aniseed
1h 10minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place golden syrup, water and brown sugar into TM bowl. Heat mixture 2 minutes/85 degrees/"Gentle stir setting"
Turn on oven to 190C.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Mix 1 minute/"Dough mode" until well combined.
4. Pour into 2 lined lamington tins.
5. Bake approximately 30 minutes at 190C until golden brown.
6. Cool on cooling rack and cut into squares.
7. Store in cookie tin in cool place.
Accessories you need
Once baked, pieces can be frozen til needed.
Aniseed seeds are available from specialty grocers. You may need to mill approximately 30g for 1 minute/speed 9 or until they are the right consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Persimmon Pudding (Percy Pud)
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars