- 500 grams golden syrup
- 250 grams water
- 180 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams plain spelt flour
- 150 grams rye flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground aniseed
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place golden syrup, water and brown sugar into TM bowl. Heat mixture 2 minutes/85 degrees/
Turn on oven to 190C.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Mix 1 minute/ until well combined.
4. Pour into 2 lined lamington tins.
5. Bake approximately 30 minutes at 190C until golden brown.
6. Cool on cooling rack and cut into squares.
7. Store in cookie tin in cool place.
Once baked, pieces can be frozen til needed.
Aniseed seeds are available from specialty grocers. You may need to mill approximately 30g for 1 minute/speed 9 or until they are the right consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Sweet potato, Carrot and Apple Puree
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- GF vegan buckwheat bread
- The Stormborn
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash