- 230 grams almonds
- 150 grams coconut oil/butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggwhites, separated from yolks
- 85 grams Honey/maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 grams seasonal berries, (Mulberries, cherries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc)
Pre-heat oven to 160C.
Prepare 20-23cm round cake tin with baking paper or by greasing.
Blitz almonds for 10 sec speed 7 and set aside.
Melt butter/coconut oil for 1 min 37C speed 2 or untill melted.
Add almonds, vanilla, baking powder, eggwhites and honey/maple syrup and mix on speed 4 for 5 sec.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for 4 sec speed 4.
Pour into prepared tin and drop berries into the cake.
Bake for 40 min or untill cooked.
Wholefood Berry Cake
Use your favourite fruit that is in season, Mulberries and cherries are our favourite. Use the egg yolks to make a delicious vanilla bean ice-cream or custard to go with it : )
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dr Frank's Paleo Grain Free Bread/Focaccia
- Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Chocolate Nutty Slice (Sugar Free, GF, Paleo)
- Creamy Yoghurt
- Chia and Sunflower GF Loaf
- Paleo Pizza Base
- Raw Mango & Cashew Dreamcake
- Crunchy Coriander and Peanut Fritters (GF/DF)
- Spiced Baklava
- Mango Macadamia Ice-Cream (DF)
- Roasted Beetroot Dip
- Chocolate Panforte
- Chunky Choc M&M Biscuits
- Cheats Vanilla Slice
- Old Fashioned Pancakes
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake