- 400g SR flour
- 1 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 85g Cold Butter, cubed
- 75g caster sugar
- 150g Yogurt, Natural or flavoured
- 60g Milk
- dash vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of milk
Recipe is created for
Preheat the oven to 220°C, and grease/line a baking sheet.
1. Add flour, salt, butter and sugar to the and combine sp4/15 seconds...until it looks like bread crumbs.
2. Leave lid on the , place a large cup or small bowl on top, tare the scales and measure the yogurt, milk and vanilla into it.
3. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Don't worry if it curdles, just whisk it lightly with a fork.
4. Remove the lid and add to the .
5. Blend sp 4/20 secs or until just combined. Don't overmix.
6. Tip onto a floured bench/board and gently shape/pat into a rectangle roughly 4cm thick.
7. Cut into scones with a cutter. Brush with glaze (see below)
8. Place onto a greased/lined baking sheet so that they are just touching.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1. Combine the egg and milk and brush the tops of the scones before baking.
Accessories you need
The best scones ever.
The yogurt adds an extra lightness and tang.
Delicious served warm with all the usual sides.
Feel free to add dried fruit, choc chips etc to taste.
Best eaten on the same day, or individually wrapped in clingwrap and frozen.
Adapted to TMX applications from a recipe by BBC Good Food.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake