- 100 g honey
- 30 g light olive oil
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 300 g rolled oats
- 120 g Hazelnuts (or other nuts), roughly chopped
- 100 g Shredded coconut
- 100 g Large Mixed Seeds, sunflower kernels, pepitas etc.
- 30 g chia seeds
- 100 g sultanas, optional
- 100 g dried apricots, optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 deg C
2. Weigh into a bowl all dry ingredients, except sultanas and apricots (so they are ready to go straight away!)
3. Place honey and olive oil in mixing bowl. Heat 3 mins/80 deg/speed 2
4. Add dry ingredients (except sultanas & dried apricots) and mix 5 secs/Reverse/speed 3-4 or until just combined (the less time the better!)
5. Line two baking trays with baking paper and divide mixture evenly between both trays.
6. Place in oven and put timer on for 8 mins.
7. When timer goes off, stir each tray (as the edges will brown more quickly).
8. Return to oven and put the timer on for 5-6 mins. Stir again when the timer goes off.
9. Repeat stirring and toasting till it is golden brown (approx. 20 mins, but it will depend on your oven)
10. While muesli is toasting, clean mixing bowl and then add dried apricots (if using). Chop 3-5 secs/speed 6 (or until desired size is reached).
11. Once muesli is toasted, cool completely on the baking trays.
12. Once muesli is cold, stir through chopped dried apricots & sultanas (if using).
13. Store in an air tight container.
Accessories you need
This recipe was adapted from thechiaco.com.au
Try different nuts - such as almonds, brazil nuts, cashews or walnuts... or a mix!
It makes a great snack on yoghurt, or by the handful!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd