- 250 grams cashews,raw
- 25 grams rice bran oil or coconut oil
- 5 grams Rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Note - I have left the Measuring Cup in the bowl throughout this recipe
1. Measure 250g cashew nuts into your TM bowl.
2. Roast the cashews by using Varoma, Reverse speed 1, for 15 minutes (or you can roast them in your oven or microwave)
3. Chop cashews for 4-12 seconds on speed 6 (until you hear the sound change to indicate that the cashews have been chopped up finely)
4. Add oil, salt and syrup.
5. Mix on speed 6 for 1 minute then stop to scrape down the sides
6. Mix for a further 2 minutes on speed 6 stopping to scrape down the sides every 30 seconds so you can check the consistency of the mixture (stop if it reaches your desired consistency by this point).
7. Have a little taste to check you are happy with the sweetness and the saltyness. If it is still a little too dry you can add some extra oil in here at this point too.
8. Mix it for a further minute or two, scraping down the sides every 30 secs to a minute on speed 6 until it reaches the consistency you desire.
Adapted from www.domesticdivaunleashed.com/cashew-butter. She has a great video on her website of how to make this. I dont know if the type of cashews you use varys the results - but I found I needed more oil than her recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pink Smoothie Bowl
- Post Pregnancy Belly Balm
- Peppermint Body Scrub
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- TM6 Yogurt - Greek style or Vanilla Flavour
- Spreadable Butter
- Kombucha Gummies
- Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Caramel/Vanilla Syrup for Coffee
- Hidden Veg Pizza Sauce
- Gut Healthy Chia Pudding
- Pickle spice mix