- 1 ltr full cream, full fat milk
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Heat the milk to a gentle simmer, 10+mins (depends on milk temperature to begin with) @ 100°C/sp2.
2. Set time to 4mins/60°C/sp2/"Counter-clockwise operation" , and gradually add the vinegar, 1T at a time, through the MC hole. Do this over around 2-3mins.
3. Leave to develop curds in the bowl for 5 mins.
4. Strain gently through layers of cheesecloth or a clean damp Chux. Leave to drain for around 10-15mins.
I line the steaming basket and gently pour it into this to drain.
5. Return to the "Closed lid" , add the salt and blend sp3.5 for a total of around 2 minutes, scraping every now and then, until smooth.
6. Place in a suitable container in the fridge.
Accessories you need
The weight of the finished product depends greatly on the creaminess of the milk. a really creamy milk works the best and will give a greater yield.
I used 1 ltr of full cream long-life milk and got around 170g, finished weight.
You can easily double the amount...just follow the recipe in terms of bringing to a simmer etc.
Adapted from a recipe by biggerbolderbaking.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Chai Mix (Similar to Arkadia brand)
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Curried egg
- Low FODMAP Muesli
- Creamy Vanilla Yoghurt - TM6 using Fermentation Mode
- Brazil Nut Parmesan
- Brown Sugar & Banana Porridge
- HOME MADE BREAKFAST MUESLI
- EASY BREAKFAST PORRIDGE
- NDIS support coordination melbourne
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake
- Banana Honey & Cinnamon Muffins
- My Everyday White Bread
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup