- 1 ltr full cream, full fat milk
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Heat the milk to a gentle simmer, 10+mins (depends on milk temperature to begin with) @ 100°C/sp2.
2. Set time to 4mins/60°C/sp2/, and gradually add the vinegar, 1T at a time, through the MC hole. Do this over around 2-3mins.
3. Leave to develop curds in the bowl for 5 mins.
4. Strain gently through layers of cheesecloth or a clean damp Chux. Leave to drain for around 10-15mins.
I line the steaming basket and gently pour it into this to drain.
5. Return to the , add the salt and blend sp3.5 for a total of around 2 minutes, scraping every now and then, until smooth.
6. Place in a suitable container in the fridge.
The weight of the finished product depends greatly on the creaminess of the milk. a really creamy milk works the best and will give a greater yield.
I used 1 ltr of full cream long-life milk and got around 170g, finished weight.
You can easily double the amount...just follow the recipe in terms of bringing to a simmer etc.
Adapted from a recipe by biggerbolderbaking.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Easy Peasy Steak Marinade
- Variation Fresh Ricotta
- Dad's Pancakes
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Avocado latte
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- English muffins
- Basil pesto
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Soft knot rolls
- Jam and cream tea cakes
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins