- 250 grams vanilla pods, Organic if possible
- 750 grams raw sugar.
- 750 grams water
- 1/2 --- lemon or lime juice
- 1 bottle vodka, 30-40% alcohol, inexpensive is fine.
- 100 grams vanilla pods
- 300 grams raw sugar
- 300 grams water
- 1/4 --- lemon or lime juice
8Recipe is created for
Split all the pods in half scraping the beans into a separate bowl
place sugar in TM bowl 20sec speed 9
Add water and cook 100degrees 6min sp4
add all the vanilla pods and the scraped out beans to the TM bowl. With the juice of half a lemon or lime. cook 100 degrees 4min sp3 ( note:lemon is not for flavour, but to assist in not crystallising the mixture)
then mix for a further 6min sp 4 to allow to cool slightly and infuse.
while this heavenly mixture is cooling, fill 2 bottles with vodka leaving enough room for some pods to go in.
after the 6minutes, place 4-6 of the cooked pods into the bottles filled with vodka and seal. Place in dark cupboard for 8-12 weeks before use. Use in recipes calling for vanilla extract or essence. You can decant into a smaller bottle once infused and Top up the main bottles with alcohol as required every 12 months or so using the same pods.
the remaining (750ml) liquid in your TM bowl is Vanilla Paste. Place this liquid and all of the pods into a well sealed jar or bottle, pour a small amount of the beany liquid into a very small jar, and use a teaspoon in your favourite recipes like custards, cakes and desserts for the extra special vanilla flavour with the speckle of vanilla beans. The main paste bottle will intensify over time and can be topped up with a sugar syrup when needed (after approx 8-12 months)
Small quantity of Vanilla Bean Paste
Organic Vanilla Pods can be sourced online, I purchased mine for $49.95 which has yielded 750 ml vanilla paste and 1L Vanilla Extract. Comparing to supermarket prices, this is very economical. I would suggest that this amount would be enough for 18-24months baking.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Pancakes
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Healthy Pancakes
- Sous Vide Japanese style egg
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Chocolate Nut & Seed Balls
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Chocolate Protein Balls
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Large Batch Plum Jam
- Large batch Apricot Jam
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Cauliflower whip
- Leek potato soup
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Sweetcorn and Potato Chowder