- • 700 grams of homemade Coconut milk + 1 can premium coconut milk (270 grams)
- • cans of coconut milk to equal about 1 litre
- • 1 tsp yoghurt, starter powder (buy at health food store) OR ¼ cup store bought non-dairy
- • 1 Tblsp agar agar (Optional if you prefer a thicker yoghurt)
- • 1/3 cup tapioca flour (arrowroot) (optional if you prefer a thicker yoghurt)
- • 1 Tblsp honey (for bacterial culture to feed on)
8Recipe is created for
your mixing spoons and other utensils with boiling water before beginning.
Sit at room temperature your yoghurt starter or store-bought yoghurt.
In the Thermomix, blend coconut milk, agar agar & tapioca flour for 10secs on Speed 4. Heat to 80 degrees. About 5 mins, Speed 3.
Leave in Thermomix till it cools to 37 degrees. This may take 1.5 to 2 hours.
Fill Food Thermos with boiling water. Seal with lids to sterilise & warm up.
Once coconut milk cooled to 37 degrees, add honey. Mix in well, Speed 3 for 10 secs
Pour abour 1/2 cup of cooled coconut milk into small jug (sterilised) containing your yoghurt starter or store bought yoghurt. Stir well.
Pour the inoculated batch back into the Thermomix containing the remainder of the cooled coconut milk.
Blend gently on Speed 3 for 4 secs.
Cook for about 3 mins on Speed 1, 37 degrees. To bring to even temperature.
Empty the water from the food Thermos and pour the yoghurt in.
Once sealed, wrap some tea towels around the food thermos and leave undisturbed for 8-10 hours. Then pour into containers and refridgerate.
To make coconut milk using the Thermomix. Soak 2 cups of dessicated coconut in 4 cups of water for 2 hours. Then in Thermomix, make sure it heats to 100 degrees, Speed 4 - about 5 mins or so. Then mix for 20 secs on Speed 8. Stain through stainless steel funnel to create coconut milk.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Kobi’s Strawberry & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Paleo Granola
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Separator Agent (slides cakes out of pans)
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Pizza Sauce with onion, garlic and herbs
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Apricot Chia Coconut balls/slice/bars
- Ricotta using lemon
- Coconut yoghurt: Gini's
- Farmhouse Butter
- Turkish haydari (thick yoghurt dip)
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Cashew Rosemary Crackers
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Chia Banana Yoghurt Pancakes
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Cranberry Pumpkin Crackers
- Lemon pudding cake
- Overnight Apple Oats
- Chocolate and orange marble cake
- Mango fruity ice cream
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*