- 320 grams quick rolled oats
- 110 grams peacan nuts chopped in half
- 90 grams wholemeal flour
- 25 grams spelt flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Horlicks malt powder
- 90 grams peacan nuts, (extra to make nut butter)
- 80 grams light olive oil
- 110 grams Maple syrup
- 80 grams honey
- 80 grams rice syrup
- 80 grams almond milk, unsweetened
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pre heat oven to 135o Celcius. Collect all the dry ingredients into a large bowl (first 7 items). Prepare 2 baking trays with Glad Baking Paper.
2. To make nut butter, put 90 grams of extra peacan nut into TM bowl with MC on, and pulverize for 10 seconds speed 8. Scrape down the bowl and repeat again to have a smooth consistancy. Scrape down the bowl.
3. Add oil, maple syrup, honey, rice syrup and almond milk; with MC on heat for 1 minute/50o/speed 4. Pour this over the dry ingredient and stir to combine until all is moistened.
4. Spread evenly between 2 baking trays.
5. Bake for 30 minutes and stir several times during cooking process until golden brown, so as it browns evenly. You want it to be still semi-soft. Leave the Granola out for a while (2-3 hours) to cool, cluster, and crunchify. (I put it back in the over after it had cooled a little to remove the temptation of eating every time I walk past)
6. Serve with yogurt, or fruit, or ice-cream or just on it's own as a school lunch box snack.
7. Store in air tight container. Will keep for weeks if it lasts that long.
Accessories you need
You can change the flavour slightly by changing the nuts to peanut or almond; Changing the milk used; or adding some sultanas or cranberries. Have fun with your own flavour combination.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd