- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 100 g almonds, raw or roasted
- 80 g Shredded coconut
- 150 g hazelnuts, peeled, raw or roasted
- 130 g pepitas, raw or roasted
- 140 g sunflower seeds
- 500 g yoghurt, your choice
- 2 Apples in Season
- to taste berries in season
150g roasted peeled hazelnuts
1tsp ground cinnamon
100g almonds raw or toasted
80g shredded coconut
2tbsp sesame seeds
140g sunflower seeds
2 cups yoghurt of choice – plain/vanilla works well with most fruits
2 small apple in season, peeled, cored & roughly chopped
Seasonal fruit of your choice / Milk
- Place 1 cinnamon stick in TM, pulverise 30 seconds on speed 9 or until cinnamon stick is ground. Time will depend on size & hardness of cinnamon stick. Remove from TM bowl set aside for later use.
- Place 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds in TM bowl, toast on 100 deg reverse speed 3 for 2-3minutes. Remove from TM bowl set aside for later use.
- Place almonds in TM bowl and mill 10 – 20 seconds on speed 8. Remove and add to the sesame seeds.
- Place hazelnuts into TM bowl. Set to lid closed position. Blitz on Turbo for 2 seconds – check consistency, should be chunky – but you can make it as fine or chunky as you like.
- Add all ingredients to the TM bowl and pulse on turbo for 2 seconds, take lid of, scrape down sides and pulse on turbo for a further 2 seconds to achieve a ‘chunky’ texture. If you prefer smoother Muesli, simply pulse until desired texture is reached.
- Muesli mix is now ready to be stored in the fridge for up to 14 days. OR
- For an authentic Bircher Muesli add 2 cups of your choice of yoghurt to the muesli mix in TM bowl, mix for 1 minute on reverse speed soft. Remove and store in fridge for up to 7 days.
- To serve – add your choice of fruit & Milk (if you like) & enjoy !!
- For a fruity option, add roughly chopped apples to TM bowl, pulverise for 10-20 seconds on speed 8, add to muesli mix, add yoghurt & store in fridge.
Recipe contributed by Melinda Goodrich
Gluten Free Bircher Muesli
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Drop scones (Scottish pancakes)
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Vegan / Dairy Free / Gluten Free Whipped Cream
- Philadelphia cheese
- Playdough (Double Batch)
- Breakfast Chaffles
- Blueberry Vanilla Protein Balls
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Real Deli Chicken
- Easy batter
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Curried Buns
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- Worcestershire Sauce (paleo, AIP)
- Crusty Loaf
- Oat and Date Bites
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Labneh Yoghurt Cheese Balls
- Morning Bullet
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Delicious Healthy Banana Muffins