- 275 grams Dry Rolled Oats
- 70 grams whole almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 40 gram pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 60 grams Buckwheat groats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground allspice or mixed spice
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Plae 70g Almonds into mixing bowl. Use TURBO mode 1sec/2 times
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix 30 secs/speed 2 "Counter-clockwise operation" with aid of spatula (leave out pepitas if you prefer them untoasted)
- Spread mixture evenly across 2 baking trays then place in oven for 15 minutes
- Stir the mixture on the trays to ensure even cooking. Add the pepitas now if you haven't already and return to the oven for a further 10 mins or until golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool (it will crisp up as it cools).
- Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
Any form of rolled oats work well. Check the packet ingredients, it should only say 'oats'- nothing added.
Almonds can be substituted with any other nut (cashews are nice!) following the same weight guidelines
Buckwheat groats can be substituted with sunflower seeds.
Allspice/mixed spice can be substituted with cinammon.
If using a cinammon quill, turbo along with Almonds in step 1.
If you want to add any dried fruit - goji berries, apricots, sultanas etc, stir these through at step 5 to avoid burning.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.