- 50 grams yellow split peas
- 50 grams coriander seeds
- 30 grams cumin seeds
- 5 heaped teaspoons Garlic powder
- 4 heaped teaspoons Fenugreek seeds
- 4 heaped teaspoons turmeric
- 4 heaped teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida (optional
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 heaped teaspoons paprika
Recipe is created for
Place split peas in the TM bowl and mill for 1 minute on speed 9.
Add coriander seeds and cumin seeds and dry roast for 2 minutes, Varoma temp, speed 1.
Mill for 2 minutes, speed 9.
Return the milled split peas (gram flour) to the bowl with all the remaining ingredients and mix for 20 seconds speed 5
Mild Curry Powder
There are many good commercially produced curry powers available but for those that prefer to make their own here is a good basic recipe. Adjust the quantities to make a smaller of larger batch if required. This will keep for up to 18 months in a large jar (in the dark and with the lid on) For a very mild powder leave out the chilli, mustard and pepper. For a much hotter powder increase these according to taste.
Recipe converted by Nicky Parsons from Sainsburys Curry book by Pat Chapman
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Beetroot Burgers
- Coconut Sambal
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- KFC Chicken at Home