- 100 g Black or white Chia seeds
- 600 g Coconut or almond milk, (Can use dairy if you prefer)
- 1-2 level tablespoon Honey or coconut sugar, Plus extra to serve
- 1 --- Vanilla pod, split seeds scraped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mixed berries to serve
- Coconut flakes to serve
8minPreparation 2minBaking/Cooking 6min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1- Place the Chia, 500g of the milk, honey or sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in bowl.
2- Mix on 1min/Sp3
3- Cook on 6 minutes/ 70°C / Sp2
4- Serve with desired toppings, add more milk on serving if you'd like a runnier porridge.
Pete Evans recipe calls for the Chia to sit in the milk for about an hour to absorb the liquid, I may have skipped that step and found they were still nice and soft.
the possibilities are endless-
*Blitz an apple 3 sec/sp6 before adding ingredients to jug, cook as normal and you'll have Apple & Cinnamon Porridge.
*Add half a tablespoon of cacao for a Chocolate Porridge.
*Blitz some pecans and set aside, sweeten with maple syrup instead of honey or coconut sugar, top with pecans on serving and you have a Pecan & Maple Porridge.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Crushed Ginger
- Crushed Garlic
- Fried OGG Mix (Onion Ginger Garlic)
- Thermomix Easy Omelette in a Bag
- Simple Sugar Syrup
- Super Thick Automated Coyo
- Variation Chocolate Muesli
- Cooking dry chickpeas
- LOW FODMAP Vegetable Stock Paste
- Kids TheraPutty~ Gak ~ Play Goo
- Nut free No Bake Muesli Bar
- Variation Almond Milk
- Wholefood Orange Quinoa Muesli slice
- Small bake Nutella muffins
- Ginger Loaf
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Banana, Coconut & Walnut Loaf With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Christmas Cake
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Chicken tikka masala
- Apple Ginger Cake Thermy Style
- Taai Taai (Dutch chewy slice)
- PLUM TEA CAKE WITH CRUMBLE TOPPING
- Banana, Date and Hazelnut Loaf