- 1000 g red capsicum, or any amount that will fit in Varoma
- 1000 g water
Cut each capsicum into lengths, using the crease line as a guide (this will make it easier to skin them after steaming).
Discard stalk, seeds and pith.
Place pieces onto Varoma base and tray.
Add water to TM bowl, place Varoma in position and steam 30-40 minutes Varoma temperature Speed 2.
Time will depend upon the freshness of your capsicums - extend if necessary (ensuring you always have water in your TM bowl!).
When cool enough to handle, peel skin off starting from the point end (ie opposite end to the stem).
Accessories you need
You can save HEAPS by doing these as they are quite expensive in the deli section of the supermarket and may contain foods or additives that you are choosing to delete from your diet.
Any volume that fits into your Varoma can be steamed - same time for each batch regardless of quantity, just make sure you have enough water in your TM bowl to last the distance!
These are vey useful to add to many tomato or Medeterranean style dishes as many people cannot digest the skin of capsicums.
You can also preserve them in a mix of vinegar and salt with your own secret herbs and spices added! Great if you have a glut of them or are gluten free and would like to preserve in apple cider vinegar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pink Smoothie Bowl
- Post Pregnancy Belly Balm
- Peppermint Body Scrub
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- TM6 Yogurt - Greek style or Vanilla Flavour
- Spreadable Butter
- Kombucha Gummies
- Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Caramel/Vanilla Syrup for Coffee
- Hidden Veg Pizza Sauce
- Gut Healthy Chia Pudding
- Pickle spice mix
- Fluffy Coffee Whip - aka Dalgona
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- Ice Cream (Parfait) “Choc Tops”
- No Knead Sourdough (FODMAP)
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Cooked Egg Mayonnaise