- 5 eggs
- 2 litres water
Add 2 litres of water to TM bowl.
Put the eggs (still in shell) carefully into basket and place this into the TM full of water. Set to 60c at 60min speed 3... wait for water to reach temp (About 8 minutes depending on starting temp of water and eggs).
Reset timer for 60 degrees for 60min speed 3.
Crack the egg as you would a raw one and 'pour' the result (onto, in this case, toast.)
Accessories you need
In my Sous Vide research the restaurants are touting sous vide eggs as the ULTIMATE egg. The texture is incredible.. seriously just try it! It gives you a silky white and a velvety yolk. The thermomix is geared up to deliver the perfect water temperature for the 60 minute egg. Just remember 60 at 60!!
Make sure you give the eggs 60minutes at the 60 degrees.. even 5 minutes under wont give you the same results.
EDIT - I have a few people having mixed results so Ive tried a few variations on the theme. Try this to avoid runny whites..
first increase the blades to speed 3.5/4 depending on how many eggs you have and as long as they dont go whizzing around.
At 45min mark press 70c (light will blink) wait until the light shows the TM has reached 70c (70c light stops blinking) then press 60c (it seems that this small stint at a raised temp sets the whites better and does not effect the yolk texture. I had success with 7 large eggs in the basket)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Vanilla Greek Style Yoghurt
- Instant "Packet" Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
- Crunchy salad
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- Blueberry ricotta pancakes with a lemon glaze
- Thick Creamy Greek Yoghurt
- Kobi’s Strawberry & Vanilla Bean Jam
- Paleo Granola
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)
- Separator Agent (slides cakes out of pans)
- Yoghurt pancakes
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- 3 course baby meal (& no need to clean the thermie bowl between)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce