- 400 grams brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon black cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
Combine all ingredients, MC on, mill 10-20 seconds, speed 9 to a fine powder.
Store in an air tight container.
When ready to use, add 2-3 tablespoons to large resealable bag add meat, seal bag and toss meat around getting fully coated.
leave for 4 hours, even better overnight. The sugar will draw out the juices of the meat and tenderise it.
Spicy Rub / Marinade
Accessories you need
This mix can be stored for weeks in an air tight container (being milled together sugar will not compact).
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups:
1 teaspoon equals 5 ml;
1 tablespoon equals 20 ml;
1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Thermomellie's no meat sausage rolls
- Popcorn Chicken
- Warm Chilli Con Queso Dip
- Amazing Mac and cheese
- Rich Beef Stew
- Korma Paste
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly