- 2 1/2 cans coconut milk (400g), Premium - to equal 1L
- 3 heaped tbsp Yoghurt starter, Jalna if 1st batch, 3 tbspns of last batch if made before.
- 1 heaped tablespoon Guar Gum, to thicken
- 1 heaped tbsp honey, For cultures to feed off
Steralise your mixing spoons and other utensils with boiling water only before beginning.
Sit at room temperature your yoghurt starter (Jalna yoghurt if 1st attempt or your yoghurt from your last batch if made before
In the Thermomix, blend coconut milk, guar gum for 10secs on Speed 4. Heat to 80 degrees. About 5 mins, Speed 3.
Leave in Thermomix till it cools to 37 degrees. This may take 1.5 to 2 hours.
Fill Thermoserver with boiling water. Seal with lids to sterilise & warm up.
Once coconut milk cooled to 37 degrees, add honey. Mix in well, Speed 3 for 10 secs
Pour about 1/2 cup of cooled coconut milk into small jug (sterilised) containing your yoghurt starter (Jalna yoghurt for 1st time) Stir well.
Pour the inoculated batch back into the Thermomix containing the remainder of the cooled coconut milk.
Blend gently on Speed 3 for 4 secs.
Cook for about 3 mins on Speed 1, 37 degrees. To bring to even temperature.
Empty the water from the Thermoserver and pour the yoghurt in.
Once sealed, wrap some tea towels around the Thermoserver and leave undisturbed for 10 hours. Then pour into containers and refrigerate.
Ensure that you take 3 tablespoons out immediately to ensure you have a starter for next time. You will skip the Jalna yoghurt for the rest of the times you make this
You will need also need your 2.2L thermoserver, 2 teatowels & a small jug for this recipe, plus any containers to pour it into once finished.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Apricot Chia Pudding
- Gluten-Free Banana, Coconut and Lemon or Cinnamon Loaf
- Apricot Bites Paleo
- Satay Sauce
- Choc-Coconut Balls (bounty balls)
- Twice Cooked Asian Style Pork Belly
- Cold and Flu Remedy
- Paleo Pumpkin Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Louise Keats Lemon tart
- Macadamia and Banana Smoothie - Adapted from Pete Evans Family Favourites
- Chia seed, apple & cinnamon muffins