- 200 g raw, unsalted nuts, I use an equal mix of cashews, macadamias and almonds
- 200 g dried fruits, I use an equal mix of apricots, bananas and sultanas
- 80 g seeds, I use sunflower seeds and pepitas
- 80 g shredded dessicated coconut
- 200 g bran sticks
- 800 g rolled oats
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place dried fruit in TM bowl. Chop 10 seconds, speed 7. Empty TM bowl into a large bowl.
2. Place mixed nuts into TM bowl. Chop 20 seconds, speed 3.5. You may need to use spatula to redistribute nuts and repeat if not chopped evenly enough. Empty TM bowl into bowl with chopped fruit.
3. Measure 80g seeds, 80g shredded coconut, 200g bran sticks into TM bowl. Empty into bowl with fruit and nuts.
4. Measure 800g rolled oats into TM bowl then empty into bowl with rest of ingredients. Mix with wooden spoon or by hand.
5. In 3-4 batches, toast under grill on med-high heat. Allow each batch to grill for 30-60 seconds, stir and repeat 3-5 times as needed to toast fairly evenly.
6. Store in air tight container. Allow to cool before closing lid.
- if you prefer the fruit and nuts to be chunkier, reduce the chopping speed by 1.
- bran sticks are available at health food shops (not sure about supermarkets). You could easily substitute or add in corn flakes or bran flakes.
- you could also try adding cinnamon or honey if you need it sweeter - or serve with yoghurt.
- experiment away - this is just what I've settled on for now after reading commercial muesli labels and aiming for something similar.
- stores for at least a few weeks (its always eaten in that time here!).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Lynn's Spreadable Butter
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Granola
- Grain free/Keto Raspberry Granola
- Peanut crunch protein bites