- 450 gms bread flour 1 sachet dried yeast 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoon sugar (I used coconut palm sugar or rapadura) 100 g espresso coffee 100 gm warm water 50 gm olive oil 90 gm dried wild figs chopped stalk removed ½ tablespoon fennel seeds (Optional) sesame seeds or fennel seeds to sprinkle on top extra
8Recipe is created for
Heat a baking stone in the oven at 200 C
Mill fennel seeds on speed 10 for 10 seconds remove and set aside
Chop figs on speed 5 for 5 seconds
Macerate the chopped figs in the coffee and allow them to absorb as much moisture as they will take in. Strain and squeeze out excess moisture and set aside both the figs and the liquid.
Make the dough by combining most of the flour (put in about 380 gms for a start), yeast, salt, sugar, milled fennel seeds and warm water with the strained coffee liquid and olive oil and mix together for 5 seconds on speed 5.
Then knead for 2 mins on interval setting.
(You may need a little more water, or a little more flour. The dough needs to have resistance and just spring back at you, but it shouldn’t be hard) Rest in a bowl in a warm spot (covered with cling wrap), until doubled in size.
Shape dough to an oval and sprinkle with figs. Fold over half way and shape into an oval, and then flatten with a rolling pin into an oval/rectangle about 2 1/2 cm thick.
Cut 6-8 slashes in the dough and brush with olive oil slightly pulling part the slashes. Sprinkle with more aniseed and or white sesame seeds ( I prefer just sesame seeds as the aniseed flavor can get a bit overpowering)
Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Then place on the preheated pizza stone and bake in oven for 15- 20mins until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
Great served as it is, with butter or with soft cheeses such as blue, brie or feta.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Allergy Friendly Banana Bread
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- LCHF Bagels
- Using All About Breads mixes
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Basic Sour Dough Bread
- Chilli Cornbread
- Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- Pumpkin and sunflower seed bread (smaller size)
- Simple White Loaf
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- East Meets West (Midwest Chilli with Naan Bread)
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)