- 130 grams Butter, cubed
- 140 grams Self Raising Flour
- 130 grams caster sugar
- 130 grams plain flour
- 1 egg
- apples, approx. 1.5 kgs
- 1 water
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
Recipe is created for
Add Butter, Plain Flour, Self Raising Flour and Caster Sugar. Mix on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
Add Egg, mix on Speed 5 for 5 seconds.
Scrap sides, Knead for 1 minute.
Lightly flour the bench, tip out the dough and shape into two balls. Wrap each ball tightly with glad wrap and place in the fridge.
Check the apples are cooked to your preference. If they need further cooking, I suggest you swap turn the apples over to swap the apples top and bottom. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
Set aside to cool.
Set oven at 190 degrees Celcius. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
Roll out one portion of the dough in between two sheets of baking paper. Shaping into a rectangle as you roll. Place in the bottom of the tin (removing the two sheets of baking paper).
Place the cooled apple filling on top of the pastry.
Roll out the second ball of pastry in between two sheets of baking paper. Check the size of the pastry against the bottom of the slice tin to ensure it is rolled out to the correct size. Then place on top of the apple filling.
Brush lightly with milk or egg glaze. Sprinkle with sugar (optional)
Score the top of the pastry before cooking. I recommend slicing it three ways length ways and then into 5 the other direction.
Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to stand in pan until cold.
Accessories you need
[[wysiwyg_imageupload:862:]]TIP: Highly recommend purchasing an apple peeler, corer and slicer. It make short work of peeling, coring and slicing the apples as show in the pictures. Cut the apples in half and place into the bottom part of the Veroma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Aunty Maree's Best Banana Cake Ever
- It’s Lime Cheesecake!
- LONG JOHNS (CREAM DOUGHNUT)
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Meghli مغلي
- Chocolate-Caramel Hazelnut Slice ... HOWEZAT!
- Triple Chocolate Baked Cheesecake ... HOWEZAT!
- Smoked Salmon Omelette . . . HOWEZAT!
- 4-Way Mini Muffins . . . HOWEZAT!
- Fruit Filled Cereal Bars . . . HOWEZAT!
- Raspberry & White Chocolate Eclairs . . . HOWEZAT!
- Chicken, Parmesan and Spinach Loaf ... HOWEZAT!
- Mini Wagon Wheels . . . HOWEZAT!
- Beetroot Risotto with Persian Feta and Pine Nuts . . . HOWEZAT!
- Bacon and Onion Dip . . . HOWEZAT!
- Chocolate Mud Cake . . . HOWEZAT!
- Chocolate Chip Biscuits . . . HOWEZAT!
- Empanada Pastry
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto