- 60 grams hazelnuts
- 3 bananas, 300 grams total
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams full cream milk
- 40 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 150 grams dates, preferably soaked for 10 minutes
- 100 grams Grapeseed Oil, or Light EVOO
- 230 grams Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 70 grams honey
- Vanilla powder, or Vanilla Essence
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Roughly hand chop and then soak 150g of dates and sit aside in a bowl. Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees celcius (fan forced). Grease and line a loaf tin and set aside.
- Weigh 60 grams of hazelnuts into the thermomix bowl. Chop/8 seconds/speed 8/MC on.
- Add 300g of peeled bananas to the bowl and mash/10 seconds/speed 5/MC on.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the following to the bowl, 70g honey, 2 eggs, 40g brown sugar, 60g full cream milk and 100g of grapeseed oil. Mix 20 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Add the 230g SR flour to the bowl and mix for 20 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary. Add the 150g of chopped and soaked dates, a pinch of cinammon and a pinch of vanilla powder, and mix for 10 seconds/speed 3/MC on.
- Pour batter into greased loaf tin. Top with extra whole (or halved/pieces of) hazelnuts and more chopped dates if you like, and place in the oven for approximately 1 hour, or until cooked through.
PREPARING THE BATTER
This recipe is very easily adaptable to suit your preferences. I always use 55g minimum free range eggs, wholemeal flour, local/raw honey and dark brown sugar.
Hazelnuts can be substituted with almonds.
Chopped dates are best hand chopped and even better if soaked. They can still be used dried if necessary.
Ovens vary so much, please keep an eye on your loaf! If it is browning too quickly, then cover the loaf and lower the oven temp slightly, and bake for a little longer if necessary.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Classic lemon tart
- Madarica - Croatian chocolate slice
- Crostata ricotta with Nutella and choc chips
- HCG Apple Crisp
- Banana Anzac Crumble
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Honey, Date, Goji Berry, Oat & Almond Energy Bars
- Thai Satay Marinade
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice
- Apple Cinnamon Custard Muffins
- HCG Apple Crisp
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Date and carrot cake (nut, egg and butter free) - tastes like healthy gingerbread!
- Aussie Apple Pie
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)