- 140 grams Brown Bread
- 140 grams Soft brown sugar
- 100 grams white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 600 grams whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
1. Preheat oven 180°C. Line oven tray with baking paper.
2. Cut brown bread into quarters and chop 10 sec/speed 6. Add brown sugar and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Pour mixture onto lined oven tray and spread out evenly. Place in oven for 10mins. Remove from oven, stir breadcrumbs and put back in oven for 5mins. Allow to cool.
3. Place white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 2 sec/speed 9. Add all remaining ingredients and cook 7 min/80°C/speed 4. Add breadcrumb mixture to bowl and stir 5 sec/speed 2.
4. Pour mixture into a container and cover. Place into the freezer for 3 hours.
5. Remove ice cream from freezer and cut into cube sized pieces. Place into mixing bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 9, then 10 sec/speed 4. Place in airtight container and return to freezer for 3 – 4 hours prior to serving.
Accessories you need
Make sure the brown bread starts to caramalise with the brown sugar in the oven.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Slice
- Vanilla Fudge
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard